Friday 24 July 2009

Tennis Final

It happened on Tuesday. Until I realised it, I couldn't imagine how easy it was for me to march on to the boys' double final. We had walk-over for two times and literally, we just beat one duo to get into the tennis final.

I was more than happy of course, since I rarely get into final of sports event. What's more, I am granted at least a silver medal. Yea!! lol!!

But I didn't really hope I would get only silver. I purposely stayed back until around 6.30pm on Wednesday to practise tennis. In fact, I am just so-so at playing tennis.

The day has arrived. Today.

I was full of anticipation and hope that we win.

In the end, we lost.

First, we lost the first set. But soon, we rose up to 2-1. But after that, they won their way and beat us with 2-6.

I had been telling myself not to get nervous and that the opponent duo were more skillful than us. And of course, it's not surprising that they would win. But during the game, I was still gripped by nervousness and did a few mistakes.

Right after the match, my spirit hit rock bottom. Got so down. haiz... I didn't know why I was so. In fact, I shouldn't have felt so bad for I lost to a superior team. I should have expected the loss. And deep down, I did actually.

The moodless state remained with me until I got home. Well, feelings are not easy to control. Being aware of that, we really have to manage our feelings. Not to say that we cannot feel sad for any single moment. But don let that kind of feeling last long. Do something about it like listening to music.

Heal fast!

No comments: